Monday, January 4, 2016

Bisquick Quiche

I've always liked eggs but since going gluten free, I am eating A LOT of eggs so I'm always looking for ways to switch things up.  Some of the ways I enjoy eggs:

- Fried with salsa, sliced avocado and cheese on a corn tortilla
- Scrambled with chopped bacon
- Scrambled with roasted green chilies, cheese and salsa
- Saute onions, peppers, and asparagus then scramble in a couple of eggs.  Add feta cheese and diced tomatoes at the end.

One of my favorite ways to eat eggs is a breakfast casserole so I was happy when my mom told me I could make Bisquick Quiche with Gluten Free Bisquick.

Bisquick Quiche

1 1/2 lbs shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese (I usually just use the Mexican shredded cheese mix from Costco)
4 oz can of diced green chilies
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup gluten free Bisquick
Salt and Pepper
1-2 cups of cooked bacon, sausage or ham (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan.  Put half the cheese in the pan and then spread out half the green chilies and meat on top of the cheese.  Repeat the cheese, chilies, and meat layers.  Mix the milk, Bisquick, salt and pepper in the blender.  Pour the mixture over the cheese layers.  Bake for about 30 minutes until lightly brown.  I think it helps to let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.  Serve with salsa.

We have had this multiple times and my non-gluten free family doesn't seem to notice any difference between the gluten and gluten free versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment