Monday, January 4, 2016

Cream Cheese Pancakes

My friend, Nancy, is not gluten free but has been a great source for gluten free cooking tips.  She texted me this recipe one morning and it has been a favorite ever since.  My youngest son, Chase, even requested these for his birthday breakfast.  Jeff, my husband, doesn't love them as much as the rest of us but will still eat them.

Cream Cheese Pancakes

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
2 tsp sweetener (I use sugar)
1/3 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Vanilla

These are easiest to mix up in the blender or with an immersion blender to really incorporate the cream cheese.

The above is a large single serving.  This recipe makes a thinner pancake more similar to a crepe.  They are also hard to turn over for a pretty presentation.  I like them with butter and syrup or raspberry jam.  Kate likes them with butter and powdered sugar.  When the rest of the family has crepes, I've also had these with whipped cream, nutella and raspberries for a treat.

Nancy said she recently tried them with 3 oz of cream cheese and a little extra baking powder and they were more like normal pancakes and easier to turn.  I've always liked my pancakes on the thin side so I've yet to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment